- Exam Breakdow52 Multiple Choice questions
- 5 Grid-Ins
- Topics Include: absolute value, algebraic expressions, area, circumference, sectors, combining like terms, consecutive integers, rate, geometry, factoring, fractions, functions, inequalities, interior angles of a polygon, intersecting lines, isosceles and equilateral triangles, linear equations, mean/average, metric system, midpoint, mixed numbers, multiplying binomials, negative and rational exponents, parallel lines and transversals, PEMDAS, revolutions, similar triangles, and more.
- 11 Revising/Editing questions
- 46 Reading Comprehension questions
- Topics include: science, humanities, fiction, poetry, humanities, social studies, and more
- Four main types of questions: global, detail, inference, and function
6 SHSAT Practice Tests
This book, written by Mr. Tariq, the SHSAT expert who has helped thousands of students get into their dream specialized high schools, features six full length SHSAT practice tests. These exams are incredibly comprehensive. After over ten years of experience, we have a lot of knowledge about the layout, format, and content of the SHSAT. These tests are very realistic and provide students with an understanding of the questions that are most likely to be on the exam.
You can grab the book on Amazon.
SHSAT Vocabulary Words
One of the most crucial parts of the SHSAT is knowing the vocabulary words that will show up in the passages and in questions not only in the reading comprehension section but also in the revising/editing questions. This book highlights more than 400 necessary vocabulary words and concepts that will allow you ace the ELA section of the SHSAT. Furthermore, there are quizzes, with over 100 questions that will allow you to see these words in the context of the exam. Every one of the 400 definitions included in the book is easy to understand and accessible to eighth and ninth graders. Having an extended vocabulary is a sign of a strong scholar– be sure to improve yours!
You can purchase the book online here.
SHSAT ELA Grade 8 & 9
For those students who are not yet beasts at the English Language Arts Section of the SHSAT, this is the perfect book. This book has more than 175 reading comprehension questions along with four full length practice tests which will allow students to become masters of ELA. The questions target poems, revising/editing, and reading comprehension and outline the four types of questions we listed earlier: global, detail, inference, and function questions. By using this book by SHSAT expert Mr. Tariq, both eighth and ninth graders will be able to increase their skills in English and ensure that they get the score that they want on the SHSAT.
You can buy this book online at Amazon.
Tariq’s Guide to SHSAT Math
Another book by Mr. Tariq, President of Bobby-Tariq Tutoring Center and the king of the SHSAT! This book emphasizes the shortcut techniques that Mr. Tariq teaches his students in his classes. There are 50 mathematical rules with examples and solutions, as well as exercises organized by topic and six full practice tests! This book is very comprehensive and can help any math newbie turn into a math master.
This book is available online. Grab your copy today to begin your SHSAT journey!